Looking for small business bookkeeping software? You should try Freshbooks. Read our Freshbooks review and know the features and pricing of Freshbooks and decide whether it is right for you or not. And yes, Freshbooks is offering 60% discount currently so its worth a try.
Freshbooks Review: Is it right bookkeeping software for you?
Freshbooks is founded in 2003 by Mike who run the design agency. The goal is to provide service business better experience for invoicing.
Today, Freshbooks has 300 employees and 24 million subscribers. Freshbooks is helping customers across 160 countries.
Freshbooks has proved itself as #1 cloud accounting software for small business.
Facebook is the best for
- Marketing agency
- IT Professionals
- Web professionals
- Web professional
- Service business adding value by applying time
[sc name=”freshbookhorizontal1″ ]
Freshbooks has established itself equal to quickbooks and xero. Lets have a look of Freshbooks features.
Freshbooks gives you the unbilievable an easy to use invoicing experience. With freshbooks invoicing, you will get
- Professional looking invoice design
- Accept credit cards or ACH payment online
- Send reminder
- Charge late fees
- Multi currency option
- Request a deposit before starting work
- Time tracking
- Invoice preview
- Automatic tax calculations
- Invoicing from mobile app
- Discount offering
- Much more
Expense tracking and management is enormous easy with Freshbooks. There is no headache of maintaining receipts and expense sheets with Freshbooks.
Freshbooks’ expense tracking features:
- Auto importation of expense from bank feed
- Upload receipt with mobile app
- Auto tax category
- Create billable expense and charge clients for it
- Track expense project wise
- Multi currency expense
- Recurring expense facility
- Cloud storage of expense receipts
Time tracking :
Time tracking is important task for tracking time spend on projects. Specially if you are charging client on hourly basis.
In service business, success of business depends on how well you manage your time. So tracking time is vital.
That’s why Freshbooks give you extensive time tracking experience.
You will get following features with Freshbooks time tracking :
- Track your productivity with easy breakdown of utilization of hours
- Easy to use Timer to track time of yours and your team
- Easily track time anywhere with mobile app or web browser. Freshbooks has chrome extension for tracking time!
- You can track your time from other apps such as Asana, Basecamp, Trello and Teamwork.
- Keep an eye on time spent of your team.
- Record time against the client and invoice him.
- Add time entry notes
- Weekly and monthly view of tracked time
- Automatically invoicing for tracked time.
Managing multiple project data is haunting. But things are easier with Freshbooks. You can get project management tool with accounting software.
You will get following features with Freshbooks projects features:
- Collaborate with employee, contractor and business partner
- Give access to different files as per role of the person
- Centralized space to file storage
- Client communication and feedback
- Chat feature
- Quick overview of projects
- Manage projects on mobile app
- Assign rate or hour to client project
Each sales start with the solid quote or estimate. Freshbooks has considered this well.
You will get following estimate features with Freshbooks:
- With Freshbooks, you can create estimate and send to your client online.
- Client can approve or add the comment to estimate.
- Turn estimate to invoice.
- Estimate preview before sending
- Professional look
- Create estimate with mobile app
- Use discount on estimate
- Multi currency support
- Hurdle free billing process
- Easily show your brand and customize quote
Here is my favorite feature. Payment. Yes, the most important and vital for every business.
Freshbooks give you robust payment experience to boost your business. Lets have a look at the features:
- Your customer can pay online directly with invoices.
- The payment gets linked to invoice.
- Fast and secure payment gateway
- You can accept Freshbooks payment, stripe or ACH
- The fees is 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- You can accept all major credit cards
- Most USA banks are connected with ACH
- There is no hidden fees
- You will get lowest transaction rates
- Within few steps, you can setup online payment.
- You can set up recurring and subscription payment for client !
- Payment scheduling
- Partial payment
- Fast and easy deposit
- Accept international currency
- Full control on cash flow
Keep an eye on your business progress with Freshbooks Reporting. The software has easy to understand dashboard to track your business progress.
Some amazing features of Freshbooks reporting are
- Insightful dashboard and reports
- Instant access to all important reports
- Filter tax date and get reports for tax year
- Recent activity summary
- Sales tax summary
- Profit and loss report
- Trial balance
- Chart of accounts
- General ledger
- Invoice detailed report
- Save, export or print the report
- Expense report
- Powerful filters such as date, team member or client
- Year end accounting report
- Year end tax report
Accept it or not. We are relying more and more on mobile devise to do day to day work.
Personally I am adding more and more apps including work apps in mobile. ( Feeling little bit guilty about it).
The convenience mobile offers to us is enormous. Freshbooks has considered this properly.
Freshbooks mobile app gives you work anywhere lifestyle. With Freshbooks mobile app, you can
- create professional looking invoice
- Snap the expense receipt and store in freshbooks system
- Comment on quote and invoice and do conversation with your client
- Stay updated always
- Powerful synchronization with all devices
- The mobile app is available at google play and apple app store.
Do you know I was not recommending Freshbooks to my clients due to single entry system? Now, the case is different.
Freshbooks has adopted double entry system which is core foundation of accounting. With Freshbooks accounting, you will get
- Accurate records
- Regular tax compliance
- Easy to understand reports
- Ability to take decision with the help of reports
- All the information accountant needs
- Automated bank reconciliation
- Journal entries
- Cost of goods sold
- & Much more
[sc name=”freshbookhorizontal1″ ]
Freshbooks Pricing and 60% Discount :
Freshbooks is offering 60% discount to help business owerns during this covid19 crisis.
Freshbooks plans starts at $6/mo for very small business. The ideal plan is Plus plan where you can have 50 billable clients which is more than enough for growing business.
With all Freshbooks plans, you will get
- Professional looking invoices
- Accept payment online
- Award winning Toronto based support
- Beautiful and easy to understand dashboard
- Secured storage of information
- Project budgeting
- Powerful reports
- Create and send estimates
Lets understand Freshbooks plan one by one.
- 5 billable clients
- Unlimited invoices and expenses
- Unlimited time tracking
- Unlimited estimates
- Tax time reports
- 200+ integrations available
- Accept payment with credit card or bank transfer
- Team member @$10/ person
- All lite plan features
- 50 billable clients
- Unlimited proposals
- Automated recurring invoices
- Late payment reminder
- Late fees scheduling
- Client retainers
- Double entry accounting reports
- Team member at $10/person
- Advance payment $20/mo
- 500 billable clients
- All lite and plus features
- Team member at $10/person
- Advance payment $20/mo
- 500+ billable clients
- Account manager support
- QB and Xero integration
You can get more info about freshbooks plan here.
Around 24 million businesses are using Freshbooks worlwide. The company has amazing reviews on popular review platforms such as get app.
Get app shows Freshbooks’ rating at 4.46 and review is done by 3238 people.
Freshbooks 30 days guarantee:
Freshbooks offers you 30 days no question guarantee. If you are not satisfied with software, just request for refund and your money will be refunded.
Freshbooks vs Quickbooks vs Xero:
All three softwares are amazing and it is really difficult to compete them. However, Freshbooks is cheaper and a little bit easy to use comparing to xero and quickbooks.
The pricing is also less comparing to QB and Xero.
Freshbooks is ideal for growing medium size business. However, you have very large business. You should opt for QB or Xero.
Freshbooks is easy to use and provides amazing accounting features. It is ideal for beginners or growing businesses. If you are looking for good bookkeeping software, you can try Freshbooks for free 30 days. Click this link to join the trial.